Wednesday, March 26, 2008

White House Easter Egg Roll











We had a once in a lifetime experience to attend the White House Easter Egg Roll (I'll attach a link if you want to read more about this long time tradition). It was so fun! You had to have tickets in order to attend, entering the south lawn of the White House (the young men in our ward camped out the night before to stand in line for tickets). There were lots of different activities, including the egg race where the kids used long spoons to roll the egg from the start line to the finish line. They had several PBS characters walking around, the Jonas Brothers performed, there were famous people and authors there to read books, egg decorating, an easter egg hunt, face painting, magicians, etc. Bart was able to join us, which made it even more fun for the kids and easier for me! By the end of the experience, I was limping around. :)

6 comments:

carli k said...

Wasn't this a fun day! I love Sadie in her bunny ears :) I know so many people who went to the egg roll, but we didn't run into anyone. It was packed!

shari berry bo-berry said...

Shanna - Hey! Found your blog through Vanaessa's...

That is SOOOO awesome! What a cool experience!

When is baby #3 due??

Jana said...

What cute pics! That was such a memorable experience! I'm glad we could tag along!

Tiffany J said...

I've actually heard about this and am so jealous! I read all about it last year while making an Easter Trivia Game for my fam. What a cool experience for you and your family! I'm glad you had such a fun Easter!

Chris Dodge said...

That is way too cool! You got to go on the White House lawn! Being a history lover, I would love to have the chance to visit the White House some day.

J said...

Shanna I am so jealous that looks like a blast! You look good by the way. Countdown is on...