Thursday, April 10, 2008

New Arrival!
















We would like to announced the arrival of Jayda Jolie to our family! I had my first labor pain around midnight Monday. We headed to the hospital and arrived around 5am Tuesday morning. Jayda made her appearance just after 10am, weighing in at 6lbs. 14oz and 19 1/2 inches long with dark hair. Everything went pretty smoothly, except for the epidural wearing off about 15 minutes before she was born. Very painful, I must say, but we are super excited she is here! So far, she is a fabulous baby...natural nurser, great sleeper, patient with her siblings wanting to be super close... Cole is loving having Jayda in our family. He loves to hold her and kiss her on the head. Sadie is pretty indifferent to everything going on. Bart was the champion coach for me during labor and delivery and is, as always, being a super great Dad! I'm grateful for his love and support. We'll post some more pictures on our other site, if you want to see them.

12 comments:

Tiffany J said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I love the name! What a fun new addition to your family! We're so happy for you all.

mama jack said...

how did you come up with your daughter's name? it's so strange because my daughter has the EXACT same name. wierd!

Brad said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations you guys! We can't wait to meet her. How does the end of August sound?

J said...

she is adorable. i love all the pics. glad she is nursing well for you.

Chris Dodge said...

Congratulations! That is great!

Bishop Family said...

Congratulations,we're happy everything went well! Can't wait to meet her!!

Jana said...

She's beautiful!! Who would've known she was the one that was so active and so modest. :) I'm glad Cole and Sadie are loving her! My epidural wore off with Alyvia and it stunk. It didn't with Berkeley and it made a huge difference. Sorry that happened, but so glad everything went well and you guys are healthy! I need to come see you soon. I call!

gaskills said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful and you all look so happy. Can't wait to meet her in person :)

Heather said...

Oh yay - I'm glad I checked in to hear the news! Congrats - she's so lucky to come to such a neat family. Love you guys!

Kristie K. said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited for you! She is so beautiful. I am so glad to hear everything is going well.

Emily Hamilton said...

Hooray! We are so happy for you! What a beautiful baby! You have a darling family!
-Brett and Emily Hamilton

Joseph, Erin, Sarah, 'Lil Joe and Muloki the Wonder Dog said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations you guys! I love her name too, perfect.