Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Spring in D.C.





This is the famous time of year highlighting the cherry blossoms in Washington, D.C. On Monday, we took the kids for a drive to see the blossoms and took a couple pictures. It was raining, so we didn't really get out and walk around, but just seeing the blossoms made me happy. Today I went with my friend, Jana, and her kids to the Jefferson Memorial and the Tidal Basin to see a popular area with lots of trees lining the Basin. There are actually 3,700 trees, 3,000 of them given to the U.S. by Japan. Anyway, I'm not a great photographer, but I thought I would do a slide show so you could see some of the pictures I took (I'm still trying to figure out how to make all the pictures go the right way). Obviously, the pictures don't do the views justice...you'll just have to take my word for how absolutely gorgeous it looked!

4 comments:

Brad said...

Those pictures are awesome! What a fun place to be at this time of the year! Did you ever get the package for Cole and Sadie?

Jillyboo said...

Hi Stratton Family
Those pictures are just beautiful, makes me miss real weather and seasons at this time of year. Spring time is so beautiful and exciting!!

Seth Price said...

I miss springs back east and the dogwood trees. can we come visit?

Chris Dodge said...

I am so jealous that you get to be around so much American history! I would love to see the things you get to see there. Oh well, some day.