We have survived one of the top four worst storms since the late 1890's! School and work were canceled Friday and are canceled again tomorrow, church was canceled today. It started snowing Friday morning at 10 am and continued until Saturday afternoon about 4 pm, leaving us with more than two feet of snow. We are grateful that we continue to have power, as fallen trees have cut off many people from having it. The kids have enjoyed playing outside and Bart is forever grateful for our neighbor's snow blower. Even with it he's had to spend many hours outside trying to clear a path to the street.
I've done some baking and just enjoyed having everyone home.
Bart working the snow blower

I scraped off half of the top of the van... you can see how deep it is on top!

Cole catching some air!

Sadie and Cole sledding

Cole by the snowman he made by himself

Jayda sledding

Cole sledding

Jayda playing outside
7 comments:
what a great snowman!
That was a crazy storm, wasn't it?! We just had Sacrament meeting today and it was delayed two hours. The roads are pretty clear now so I assume the kids will have school tomorrow but we'll see! I'm grateful we didn't lose power either.
Wow, you guys really got hit. I am glad you could enjoy just being home. But I hear that another storm is on the way so I hope you will still be safe. We need some of your snow back here is Utah. All this week the weather is supposed to be in the mid 40's. Take care.
Kay Lynne Manning
That's crazy! So if you guys get church cancelled from a snow storm, does that mean we might get church cancelled due to a heat wave?
That is a lot of snow! I'm jealous, sort of :)
Glad to see you survived! I have to say, I wouldn't mind everything being cancelled and having a few mandatory days at home! See you soon!
Hey! Your winter has been way crazier than ours this year. We've had the lightest winter since we moved here!
I've been showing my boys your blog and the picture you sent us at Christmas time. I've reminded them that Cole was their good friend and that he'll be their friend again in Virginia. Michael claims he remembers him and misses him so much. He's really excited to see him again. I'll send you an e-mail with details. Love you guys! Can't wait to see you.
Em
Post a Comment