Monday, August 15, 2011

Finally-The Tooth Fairy gets to come for a visit!!

We've had some drama at our house the last couple of weeks. Sadie has had a loose tooth for a long time. She didn't like to wiggle it because "it hurts". Then, 2 weeks ago, I noticed that her new tooth was growing behind the one that hadn't come out yet! Yikes! This is exactly what happened with Cole's first tooth. So, we told her to wiggle it like crazy! Again, she wasn't really motivated. I tried to scare her by telling her she would have to go to the dentist and get it yanked out... I told her if the tooth didn't come out, she would have this second snaggle tooth and it would look freaky. :) She didn't care. It just didn't matter if the tooth came out or not. This is SO opposite of Cole's experience. We told him to wiggle his tooth like crazy because his next one was already coming in and it was out in 1 day! Bart has tried to pull it out several times, using his fingers, gauze, tweezers, etc. He just couldn't get a good grip on it. I told him he needed to follow my Dad's example and use needle nose pliers. So, today I headed to the local hardware store and bought two different kinds. Good thing I did... it was the second pair that worked. Bart clamped on, Sadie jerked back because she was scared and said it hurt and Bart was left holding her tooth in the pliers. So, in essence, Sadie pulled her own tooth out. It was major celebration after so much drama, crying and freaking out that has happened around here the last few weeks. I think Sadie deserves something special from the Tooth Fairy! :)

No comments: