I was sitting at my computer this afternoon while the older two kids were engaged in an activity in the basement and the youngest two kids were napping. All of a sudden, there was shaking. At first I thought it might be a huge truck going past our house. Then, the massive shaking continued and I sat there... to stunned to even move. An earthquake!?!?! Why, yes it was! 5.8 to be exact. I haven't felt an earthquake since we lived in CA. Needless to say, my heart took several minutes to get back to a normal speed. Afterward, a friend called to ask how we were. She said she had taken her kids to sit in the bathtub. Goodness! I didn't even think about that. I was too scared to even move... just sat there praying for the shaking to stop before things started falling.... falling off the walls, trees falling on my house, my house falling over.... you get the picture. I'm grateful to say that all is well.
New item on the calendar for Saturday... "Go through 72 hour kits".
Update: I talked to my Mom tonight. As some of you know, my parents are serving a mission at the DC Temple... they were working there today when the earthquake happened. Things were shaking, that's for sure. While we were talking, we decided that if you were going to die, holding hands with your spouse while working in the temple would be the way to go. :) Mom also said that four of the six spires on the temple are no longer pointed, as 5 to 6 feet of the points are now gone. Glad that no more damage than that occurred there...
Ho ho ho!
1 year ago
1 comment:
That is scary! I'm glad you are all okay. I hadn't heard anything about it.
Post a Comment