During the month of August, we finally got around to doing V.I.P. (Very Important Person) Weeks. This is a tradition that my family did when I was growing up. The kids draw straws to get their assigned week to be the V.I.P. The V.I.P. gets to answer the questions on the poster that is hung up for the whole week. The V.I.P also gets to pick things to do during the week, ie. have a friend over, pick what we eat for a couple of meals, choose a family activity, do a "night up" (staying up late with Mom and Dad after the other kids have gone to bed), pick a treat to make with Mom, etc. The whole week is all about that child. It is so great! I remember feeling super special when it was my V.I.P. week. It was fun to watch my kids experience the same thing. Usually we do a recent picture of the children, but this year we did baby pictures.... and, next year, we need to upgrade our poster.


No comments:
Post a Comment