Monday, January 2, 2012

NYC-Part 1-Statue of Liberty/Times Square

Bart and I went on a trip last week to celebrate our 10th Anniversary! It was incredibly awesome! We flew my wonderful niece, JaNessa, out to watch the kids while we headed north for 3 days. After landing at JFK, we were driven by a crazy taxi driver to our hotel. I couldn't believe how sick I was by the time we got to our hotel! That cabbie was a wild man! He drove super fast, accelerating-slamming on brakes, weaving in and out of traffic. Numerous times I thought we were going to get in a car accident and I was ready to puke by the time he pulled up to our hotel. Our hotel, the Andaz, was fun to stay in. It was very modern and had a HUGE shower with a ginormous shower head spraying from the ceiling. The Empire State Building was one block up and we had a great view from our window.

After lying down for 10 minutes, I felt good enough to leave so we headed to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Both stops were SO amazing! It was a very chilly, windy day, but our hearts were full of gratitude for the freedoms that we enjoy!

We had dinner at The House, which was super yummy. Afterward, we headed down to Times Square. They were already starting to set up for New Years Eve and there were SO many people! I swear, on this trip, I second hand smoked several packs of cigarettes! I couldn't believe how many people smoke in NYC. But, Times Square was fun to walk around and there was definitely plenty to see!
Crazy Taxi!

Bart is the waiting room in the museum at Ellis Island. This was where people who had run into trouble trying to get into America had to wait.




No comments: