If you didn't know/remember, yesterday was Pioneer Day. Growing up, my Mom was number 1 at helping this be an enjoying and memorable day for us. We got to invite another family with kids our age to enjoy Pioneer Day together. We came dressed in pioneer clothes and Mom had different stations set up for us to try... hammering a nail, sawing a log, shaking cream into button, sewing on a button and the best thing of all .... making Brigham Young's Buttermilk Donuts! YUM! I've tried each year to do something to commemorate this special day. This year, I decided to just do the donuts. It was still fun to share that tradition with several friends, but it just wasn't the same. So, next year, we will be doing everything and inviting others to join us.
Another fun thought... I come from a large family, with some of them living close to others. I'm jealous that alot of them were able to celebrate with each other. But, regardless of where we live, yesterday we were all doing the same thing in our own home.. celebrating our heritage and making donuts and memories. Thanks, Mom, for passing something so wonderful on to your children! Thanks, Genevieve, for letting us have donuts and water fun at your house!
Our messy donuts!

Sadie pulling Jayda

Jakson

James

Cole and Berkeley

Peter and Everett
1 comment:
It makes me happy as well, to know that you're making donuts too! I bet all your friends love you for sharing our Pioneer day traditions!
Post a Comment