Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Williamsburg/Jamestown, VA

Well, we are back in the East. Bart's Mom and sister are visiting with us, so we decided to take a trip to somewhere we haven't been yet. We headed to Jamestown and Williamsburg for the 4th. We had a great time! Many things to see and do. We've also enjoyed having them in our home. History facts, hands on fun for the kids, ships, canoes, swimming, fireworks, shopping at the outlet mall (I finally got new plates/bowls to replace the ones I have been using that I got when I started college), fifes and drums, cannons, smashing corn into flour, scraping hides with shells, homemade peppermint ice cream and brownies. They also cleaned out my fridge and mopped my floor! What sweeties! We have loved having family here!

2 comments:

The Giles said...

Ahh, that was one trip I always wanted to make, and never did.

Glad you got some new plates. You deserve it!

Emily Hamilton said...

What a fun trip! That is the perfect place to be for the 4th of July!