Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of 1st Grade

I couldn't help but get a little teary eyed this morning taking this picture. The tears this year weren't in sadness for seeing him leave, but more the unbelieving feeling that he is old enough for 1st grade. Sometimes I look at Cole and can remember like yesterday when he was a baby. But, his excitement for heading back to school rubbed off on me and I sent him, smiling, on his way.
My Sweet Cole

5 comments:

The Giles said...

Wow. He looks so grown up. Can you believe he's in 1st grade? I can't believe how big your kids are. Makes me feel like it's been awhile since we've been gone. Guess we have.

lukeandjillfamily said...

I had a hard time sending Ben to. All day is so hard for me, how did you do it? Your girls are adorable. The bath pictures made me laugh.

Shaunel said...

Shanna, I totally found your blog via Genevieve's--and so glad! I totally remember those 1st day of school pics. He looks totally ready for a great year :)

Tiffany J said...

I can't believe it! The cute little grinning boy from FV1 is now a 1st grader?? Time is flyin'!

Linda said...

Congrats to all of you - it truly is the happiest and saddest day. But you get over it!